Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Weekend Snippets

I know it is midweek but it has taken me this long to catch up.....

I don't know why I do it...every single time.....have high expectations that school holidays are going to be lazy, relaxed and full off lack of routine....

What I fail to remind myself is that I usually have to still head into the office for most of the first week, which means sorting the kids that are now not at school.....I have visions of long sleep ins, big clean outs, lots of crafting......

Enough of my lament.....these school holidays have started with a bang...a family reunion of all my husbands siblings for a big birthday bash.

We were warned to not organise anything...let it go under the radar, no attention bought to it at all....so everything was done in secret...hard work when that someone doesn't like to be suprised or organised by others.

So flying in a family member from Texas and one from Sydney was a challenge.....

But oh so worth it in the end.....we truly celebrated ...we even hired a  private charter on our  beautiful cities river...... 















It was a stunning day and so many laughs were had and much catching up was done......it is so very rare for us all to be together these days. 

So the last few days have been a mix of family dinners, photo shoots before everyone flies the coop again and me trying to prepare for second busiest time on the calender for me as a Children's Pastor.

A big breath.....my holidays from the office begin NOW for a week.....still programmes to run over the Easter weekend but maybe a little lounging around and hanging out with the kids will happen.

Joining in with The Beetle shack

4 comments:

  1. I feel almost guilty to admit that we've been sleeping in every morning … and doing a whole lot of absolutely nothing ;0)
    Looks like a great party.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like such a fun and relaxing time on the river. I hope you find at least one day to sleep in and do some crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for organising that surprise- looks like a wonderful time. Enjoy Easter & your break.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so beautiful, what a great idea. Hope you do get time to relax over the next week Bron, have a lovely Easter xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...