Monday, March 24, 2014

Weekend Snippets


We made a start at uncovering/rediscovering our secret garden AKA "Taylor's Fairy Garden"

our back yard

First stop was to remove the old beehive......and all that glorious honey that was destroyed with the removal of the bees.....{insert very sad faces}
There was much lamenting  being done by the hubby...

Once we were sure most of the bees were gone it was onto the real gardening....

It is amazing what a difference clearing away the jungle can make you feel...rediscovering the pathways, roses and......realising how much more there is still too do.

I will get around to telling you sometime about how we came to have a back yard like we do.

Joining in with Em at The Beetle Shack

6 comments:

  1. Insert sad face here too re: the honey! That rose looks amazing Bron, hope it smells just as good. Looking forward to seeing yours and Taylor's gorgeous garden blossoming again. Hope all well xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I am in shock! The size of the honeycomb is huge. Sorry you had to let it go. I am excited to see the work you do on getting the garden in shape! I love the brick walk way... I am not sure how much I will be doing in our back yard this year we will have to see. The dirt is mostly hard pan and needs a lot of amending. Have a great week xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's quite rewarding doing a big chunk of gardening & seeing some results! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every time I see bees honey and hives I want want want, however, being anaphylactic allergic to bees, hmmm I 'm thinking it wouldn't be a good idea.
    I'd love to see more of your back yard

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks like something out of a science fiction movie.....so sad about all that honey too. Regards Kathy A, Brisbane, Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...