Wednesday, February 26, 2014

A hoot of fun...

Feeling the need to create...

Feeling the need to use materials I already had....

Feeling the need to try something new.....

I used this tutorial and made my soon to be four year old niece a birthday present...

I took one of Meg's too small t-shirts that I had in my filing
 
 I cut a rectangle from both layers leaving the neckline in place.....
then stitched the side and bottom seams...
 Using a piece from the cut off bottom I cut the shape below....
 ...to make a gathered flower....
 Found the perfect button to attach my flower.....
 Used some pink biased tape and mixed it with a grey tie from an old skirt and braided them together for the handle...

and ....... one very cute bag that I am hoping when it is filled with some special gifts will be perfect for taking to ballet class....
Joining in with Show and Tell.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Bron. I've just jumped across from A Time to Create blog. Love yours, will follow along for a while I think. I want to try that date loaf recipe and the book you've made your daughter is stunning, so is the tote bag. you are one clever cookie!!! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bron - that is awesome! Love love it! Am thinking of Pinning it for future reference if that's ok with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that's cool! Well done! She will love it! Very clever Bron! & the need to craft is a good thing! Go for it! Do something else clever today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is too cute! So clever Bron, love that flower! Am sure she will love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's a lovely idea! I would never have thought to make a bag from a tshirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so adorable you are clever and thoughtful! and very talented xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...