Monday, April 22, 2013

How Tasty was Herman?

Nearly two weeks ago I was given Herman the German Friendship cake starter.....

I have lovingly stirred and fed him for the last ten days.....

The time then came to choose what I was going to do with him....

I split him 4 ways.....shared him with my sisters....kept one to keep growing...

and then I baked one....

I decided on APPLE AND CINNAMON
 

The mixture made two loaves....


The big taste test.....

OH YUM.....it was so delicious.....hot from the oven......even cold the next day for a family afternoon tea...... 
 I am so glad I have kept another batch to grow...this didn't last very long so in another ten days I can bake some more....

So now I am on the look out to pass the next lot on...or maybe just make loads of loafs for us.....  

3 comments:

  1. You have my memory bank stirring. I am pretty sure either my mum or nana had a similar cake that they split up and gifted when I was a child.
    Love the idea of a gift that keeps giving.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It turned out well..and looking delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very intrigued to know what you have to do to "feed him"
    Yummo though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...