Tuesday, July 17, 2012

For the Birds....


I forgot to share with you the craft we made on the last playgroup for the term.......


One for the birds.......... to hang in a tree and watch the birds come.....

Well that's what I told the little children would happen.....

Surely... the birds would come to their gardens.....

My nieces took theirs home.....


A couple of days later my sister sent me these fantastic photos.......
I was so excited as I am sure my nieces would have been to see this bird cleverly feasting on the gift that was put out for him.......

I hope the other families have had as much success as my nieces did.  


Note: Someone kindly pointed out  about peanut allergies....I did my checks with all families before we did the craft....I guess you could use some other sticky substance maybe sticky contact would work just as well.

2 comments:

  1. Well done!! :) I remember making these when I was a kid with my nana. She got a pinecone, and layered it in lard/fat, then put birdseed all over..and we hung and watched and within minutes there were all sorts of birds hanging around... I might have to do that with kendyl, she'll love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are great shots! Love that idea for the feeder. Love the bird pics! What a rewarding sight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...