Wednesday, December 7, 2011

December 7 {Thankful # 7}

{ Blog 25 days of being Thankful..... this as a way of staying focused on the good , happy and pleasing moments....
it's a way of acknowledging all that we take for granted, all that we sometimes overlook as we let busyness take over.}

Today I am Thankful for......

  • A little guy who although is tired  still heads off to school with a detailed
"Sccoby Doo Christmas" picture that he drew for a friend.
  • Easy Vegemite and Cheese scrolls whipped up for the little guys class Christmas party.

  • Family traditions in the form of Advent Calenders.....
 I was contemplating taking some inspiration from around the web and making a handmade Advent Calender.....I ran out of time and I am kind of glad I did.....
The kids were very keen to get out the one we use each year...
It doesn't require me to fill it with lollies or gifts, or think up 25 different activities.

The kids just need to decide who is "odd" and who is "even" and away they go hanging a little ornament on the shelf each day......

When our eldest was about two I did hand make an advent calender that we used for a couple of years......I just wasn't very good at filling it with things small enough other than lollies....hmmmmm

I do have the Advent Calender that I grew up with....no lollies , no fun activities to do each day.....just simply find the number and open the window....we used it year after year....

With three of us it was always a gamble who got to open the coveted "number 24 window"...

It is very fragile now  but still has it's sparkle and little bit of magic for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by and saying Hi....I love having your support. I will do my best to pop back to you and say hi. xx

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...